Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

I love this recipe, it's easy, fairy inexpensive, and doesn't take hours to prepare. (I have a thing for Oxford Comma's this week so please don't blast  me on my grammar)

  • 1 rotisserie chicken. (Yes I cheat on this, not because I am lazy. Rather I have found for a buck and a little change more I can get a whole cooked chicken.  Instead of one that I have to babysit in the oven. Heating up my tiny kitchen and making a huge mess. Walmart's chickens are slightly cheaper than HEB, but Sam's club has the better tasting chickens of all Remove all meat from chicken)
  • 1 can of cream of chicken (you can use fat free)
  • 1 package of cream cheese
  • 2-4 oz of Velveeta (if you want more cheese add it less is okay too)
  • salt/pepper
  • Your favorite veggies (I usually mix some frozen some fresh) Brocolli, Cauliflower and Carrots are my kids favs.
  • 2 cans of crescent rolls. ( i usually buy generic and it works fine)
  • preheat oven to 375. Cream can of chicken, Velveeta, and cream cheese together
  • In a 9X13 dish spray with nonstick spray. Add first can of crescent rolls.
  • Add your veggies
  • Add your chicken
  • Cover with your with your yummy sauce
  • add last can of crescent rolls. Baste with a little butter for extra umph!
  • Cook for 35-40 min.
  • Serve to a hungry crowd. Usually My three kids and Hubby who scarf it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment